Copyright © Field Lily Press
Design by Dzignine

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Reporting Live From The House


O.K. This was a first for me. I'm sitting here in the office, door closed. I hear a child get up, lid pops up in the bathroom-I can only guess because as I mentioned the office door is closed. No flush. ??? Then I hear water, reeeaaally loud water, as in the sink going full blast with amazing water pressure. My investigative nature s l o w l y moves in to gear. Since my mind couldn't figure it out, my eyes have to assist. So there he is. Fully clothed in the bath tub with toys left from whoever took the last bath in there....and did NOT clean out the toys....purely an aside. Yes, standing there fully clothed with the bathtub faucet running. My version of a Q & A ensues and is as close as I'll probably ever come to a White House Press Conference as I was given answers such as , "I didn't know!" "I don't know." "I had no idea!" He could not seem to recount the events of the last few moments. I'm as confused as he looked. He obviously had been sitting when he turned on the water in the tub. Time to go swimming, play, frolic about! At 10:30 at night? Ah, no. So, I help my sleep-walking son out of the tub and into his room-dry sheets folks, so this was no night time accident. Climbs into bed and pulls the cover over himself. I stand there with what must be a very unusual expression on my face. I'm still trying to make sense of this and it's not working. I inform him that he can't sleep with wet clothes on, so I find dry bottoms and leave him to change. Somehow, he changes. A couple of minutes later I return to his room. The light is on. He's very asleep with changed clothes. Wierd. The nachos, it's the nachos! Wow. I had no idea motherhood was going to hold so many different kinds of adventures! I can now add "Investigative Reporter" to my job description.

8 comments:

Susan said...

Now that's one I never dealt with!!! I thought I'd seen it all.
That why they say "I could write a book!"
Susan

Nancy said...

I was a sleep walker as a child...my mom has really funny stories...It's like live dreaming...*; )

Kathy said...

I'm thinking that most Moms could indeed write a book. I'm going to try to do a bit of covert investigating once he's up to see if I can get a few more answers. : ) Nancy, I'd love to hear a couple of those stories. I have one sleep-walking experience as a child, and yes, I still remember it!

Elizabeth said...

That is so funny! I was also a sleepwalker and so was Christian. Thankfully we've both grown out of it. The worst was his first sleepwalking experience when we found him asleep on the neighbors front porch. Needless to say, David put a deadbolt up WAY higher than he could reach after that:)

Kathy said...

Liz, we'll sleep with one eye open for awhile, I think. Yikes!

Mary Lee said...

Hmmm, maybe this explains his stories about staying up all night. There is always duct tape!!

Kathy said...

If the duct tape can't stop Larry Boy, it most certainly won't work with Daniel-my little super hero! : )

Danny Wright said...

Does his Dad know about this?