Copyright © Field Lily Press
Design by Dzignine

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

About Face(book)


I have to share this amazing story. This morning, a dear friend left a status on Facebook saying, "Something HAS to give." and that was all she stated. (Obviously any names are left out of this story.) Then, directly above it, the very next status update above hers, another friend of mine (via facebook/blog world only) had left what was her scripture for the day, and this is what it said:

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." – Matthew 11:28-30

I couldn't believe it! There was God's Word, literally, RIGHT OVER my friend's cry for help. I was so excited to literally cut and paste the Word of God as a reply to her status, and simply state that I felt that was God's word for her today. The one who posted the "help" status, and the one who posted the scripture do not know each other, they just happen to be on my friends list. Just happenstance, right? No way. As I wrote privately to my friend who posted the scripture, God's word trumps our circumstances, cleans the lenses of our glasses, and unpacks our heavy load-the one He never designed us to carry. In fact, I believe He designed us NOT to be able to carry it so that we would buckle under its weight and call out to Him. Just like our nerves shriek at varying levels when our physical body is in pain, He designed our spirit to cry out to Him for help under weight that isn't His idea! HIS grace IS sufficient. He truly IS a PRESENT HELP in time of need.

11 comments:

Susan said...

Oh Kathy I marvel and rejoice with you the way our wonderful God works. NOTHING misses His eye or His ear. My prayer is that I have eyes to see it (when He moves) and ears to hear it (when He speaks). How blessed are both of these to have you as Friend. Me, too :o)
((hugs))
Susan

Mari said...

Isn't it wonderful when you see those things that are such a "coincidence"? Of course God knew of each of those Facebook entries and how wonderful that he could use you to bring them together!

Kathy said...

I am overjoyed and overwhelmed. God speaks today! Loud and clear!

Anonymous said...

So true, so true! I am thankful you shared this, and I think I am being told not to spend so much time on the comp....LOL

Kristi said...

Entirely God-like. Almost as great as two strangers meeting at a kids' play area they never go to...

Tricia said...

Thanks for share. What a wonderful story of God at work. I have been working on memorizing those verses. They show so clearing how much we need God.

Kathy said...

Ah Kristi, how you underscore His goodness in my life. I remember! : )

Brenda said...

That is something else! And I think it's neat how the Lord used you to be the 'go between' for your friends.

Tammy@Fear Not said...

I just love how God speaks to us!

Unknown said...

That's beautiful! I'm so thankful you are aware of God's workings, even in small way. Many would just call that verse showing up next to the distressed one a coincidence!

Frasypoo said...

You never know how God talks to us and ways in which he does!