Copyright © Field Lily Press
Design by Dzignine

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

While I Was...

Thank goodness homeschooling is a marathon and not a sprint. In fact,  after having viewed some recent Olympic event highlights, I'd call it more of a steeplechase-type marathon . So, while I was under the influence of a short night's sleep and seemingly caffeine-free coffee, things were still buzzing and humming around the house. God's grace led me to observe the following, which I've attempted to capture with the camera.

 Someone was reading about weather.

 Someone was reading about Christians under the weight of communism.

 Someone was reading about Captain John Smith, born in the 1500's. (But were they upside down when they were reading, or was the photographer sleepy???)

Someone did some fancy baking in the kitchen with no help from Mom!


( Note: this is Bethany's cooking apron that she made a couple of years ago. I don't know if you can see it or not, but it highlights countries where Christians are persecuted for their faith.) 
I love it that all of this happened without much direction from me. It's not a day I want to repeat as far as hands-on teaching goes, but it does bring me comfort to see that my children know how to be productive and choose things to do and books to read that are worthwhile. It's o.k. to not be 100% every single day. For that, there is grace!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Love the apron.

Kathy said...

Thank you, Susan. She'd made it at a birthday party about 3 years ago now, and it blessed us all that she decorated it with what was on her heart.