Copyright © Field Lily Press
Design by Dzignine

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Seemingly Small Stuff


I was considering an upcoming mini-study on Oceanography. Coffee in hand, unspoken thoughts. I was thinking about all the scriptures in the Bible that talk about Oceans, waters, the sea and things in the sea, and was just wondering how many verses there were like that. So, I ceased my wondering, opened my Bible and my gaze fell on Revelation 5:13 which says,

"And then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea. They also sang: "Blessing and honor and glory and power belong to the one sitting on the throne and to the Lamb forever and ever."

While this happening may seem like small stuff, it says to me, "I am near, Kathy. I know your thoughts, your wonderings, I hear you. So, here's HOW EASY IT IS for me to answer you."

I couldn't help but wonder how many of those kinds of events happen in our daily life that we are unaware of. I like the way He works

5 comments:

Mari said...

How many times have I read that verse and never really paid attention the the part about under the sea? It's easy for me to think about humans, animals and birds praising - but fish, whales? I love it!

Michelle Gibson said...

I have often thought the same ~ what wondrous way He could be working unbeknownst to you and I. How many blessing we pass up because we do not honor Him, how many blessings are unseen because we don't take the time to notice. How much mercy he pours out on us. . .

Danny Wright said...

I hope the fish can sing better than I do!

Kathy said...

Mari-I can only imagine the sound of every living thing praising Him, and as for you my Danny-God made Bullfrogs to praise Him too!!! : ) I can say that to you, right?

Kathy said...

Michelle, my encounter this morning was so swift I knew He was at the heart of my scripture discovery. I was and am sure, and love that about Him.