Copyright © Field Lily Press
Design by Dzignine

Friday, July 10, 2009

A Song In Season

The providence of God saw to it that I would one day meet Roxie. I always thought it was so cool that she and Jeff shared this special day with me-their anniversary and my birthday. Same day, same year. Today is that day, and I have candles to prove it!

If Roxie and I were together we would, on this day....I just know it, laugh and cry together, because that's what happens every time we get together, especially the laughing part. This year is different for Roxie because Jeff went home to be with Jesus in February.

This is a new season for her and I'd like to walk the path with her for a while today. Yes, I'm humming a birthday tune, but I'm humming this song too. I appreciate the footage in this song in that it includes times of joy and sorrow, and I share any of both that this day may hold for you, Roxie.

God hears our prayers, so let them rise on Roxie's behalf today.

9 comments:

Mary Lee said...

Sending you birhday wishes and saying a special prayer for Roxie.

Kathy said...

Wish you could be here to share the coffee and the breakfast cake that's on the table as well. Thank you Mary Lee, on both counts.

Journaling Gina said...

Happy Birthday my bloggy friend! Excited for all God has in store for you this year!

Also praying that Roxie's day is filled with the deep and wide love of the Father.

Hugs to you- birthday girls!

Kathy said...

Bloggy birthdays are more fun when shared with friends like you Gina. Thanks for all!

Mari said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you!!!
I'll pray for your friend Roxie - I know this will be a tough day.

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday Kathy! Thanks for being such an amazing friend! Love you!!! I'll keep Roxie in my prayers today...

Kathy said...

Ya'll are the best. Thank you! I'll pass the love and prayers on to Roxie.

Susan said...

Happy, happy Birthday to you sweet, Kathy. I wish for you all the very best today in every way. What a wonderful, thoughtful post for your dear friend, Roxy. How very blessed she is to have you for a friend. How blessed I am, too!!!!
Susan

Kathy said...

Thank you Susan. I just spoke with Roxie. She has an amazing way of just looking at God and focusing on His goodness.