Copyright © Field Lily Press
Design by Dzignine

Monday, February 9, 2009

Early Morning Recommendation

Our family has returned safe and sound from our fun and crazy vacation in Georgia. While our bodies took a beating from some stray southern virus, we're happy to report that our accents remained intact (noted by both Danny and I)! Yes, Danny does have a pre-existing condition in accent world, but is none the worse from our vacation. : ) By the way, z-pack's are great for kicking an infection, but nothing surpasses the strength I have felt from the prayers of friends over the last couple of days. (Oh, and then there was the Pineapple Upside Down Cake,Danny's favorite, that was left mysteriously by our now not-so-mysterious friends and neighbors, the Simpsons!) Food always ministers to me!!!

I just wanted to pass on something that I think is a beautiful resource for those who might like to check it out. The Institute for Creation Research has a "Days of Praise" e-devotional (also offered in hard copy) completely free. I'm including a link where you can sign up and begin enjoying not only inspiring words but a beautiful photo in the header that changes each day. I can't wait to see what it is when I pull up my emails for the day. You can check them out here: http://www.icr.org/

Well, blessings, and I can't wait to have time to post some pics and fun stories.

5 comments:

Susan said...

Hi Kathy!!! I'm glad you're back safe and sound. I've missed you and thought about you guys.
Susan

Mary Lee said...

Save some of that cake for me!!!

Kathy said...

Oh, it's coffee-cake. Feeling better and taste-buds are restored.

Journaling Gina said...

Kathy...I grew up in Georgia!!! Do you have family there? Mine are all still there. Hope you had fun! I missed you!

Kathy said...

Danny's family is all in Douglasville and Tallapoosa. Do you know where those places are? It's beautiful there. By the way, we're so happy to be back. It was so cold and rainy, and then....well, it was cold and rainy for a bit when we got back.