Copyright © Field Lily Press
Design by Dzignine

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Making a Difference

It made a difference when I said, "Yes," to my son's request to peel a potato when I really felt like saying no. It made a difference when I kissed him on top of the head and said, "Thank you for being my blessing today." It made a difference when I sang along to the Children's Hymn CD while he and I worked side by side. It is making a difference when I have my daughter agree to do a very thorough cleaning of our bathroom weekly for the month of March to pay for the hamster bedding we had to purchase today. She is paying for it by her labor. I don't want to give her everything. She appreciates it more when she works for it. Not only that, but she wants to pay me with her work. I want to reinforce her God-given conscience.

Every now and then the Lord turns my face and my heart toward a "mother moment in action" and reminds me that it is making an eternal difference. Whether I'm building or reinforcing, the smallest to the most significant action as a mother makes a difference. How do you see your daily tasks?

1 comment:

Journaling Gina said...

Love this....what a beautiful mom you are!